The American Institute of Steel Construction’s Quality Certification Program sets a standard for the steel industry. Midwest Steel Works, Inc., as an active member of AISC, takes great satisfaction in being part of this certification program. Midwest Steel Works, Inc. first earned the certification Standard for Steel Building Structures in 2008 and has been recertified each subsequent year.
The purpose of the AISC Certification Standard is to confirm to owners, the design community and the construction industry that a certified structural steel fabricating facility has the personnel, organization, experience, procedures, knowledge, equipment and commitment to produce fabricated steel of the quality required for normal structural steel building construction.
Certification provides the following benefits to the fabricator and owner:
- AISC Certification is accepted by many building departments as a basis for approval and is increasingly accepted by specifiers and owners as qualification for projects.
- Gains in productivity, waste reduction, and adaptability far outweigh the cost involved in participating in the AISC Certification program.
- Adoption of the AISC Certification program continues to grow as industry professionals recognize the value.
- Audits are conducted by professional QMC auditors with industry experience.
- The AISC Certification program provides broad and comprehensive criteria for supporting an effective quality management system.